Wednesday 22 September 2010

Virgo Cusp Issues/shoe talk

As anyone who knows me will testify, I'm not one of life's planners. I'm a massive 'lets just see what happens' kind of girl, although I do actually quite like it when people plan my life for me. Hence, both my best friends are obssesive planners/organisers. It works. There is an exception to the rule however. Im a stereotypical Libra, but I was born on the Virgo cusp, so perhaps this is it showing itself. Not that I believe in astrology...

The Birthday Outfit. Capital B, captial O. This year, for my 19th (eeek!) we're having a massive house party (and when I say massive, I'm talking Chenoble). Thing is, the house is already so shit (although the boys did do an amazing job cleaning the kitchen yesterday - wuvooo) that I dont think its actually possible to fuck it up any more. So we all invited pretty much everyone we know. And they invited pretty much everyone they know. I might well just be hugely over excited, and six people will turn up, but I'm pretty psyched, just cos its the start of the year and people are up for parties. And so, the outfit planning began.

House Party Wear is an art. You dont want to be over dressed - its in my front room, we're just chillin, its cassh - but turning up in jeans and a hoody is a hangeable offence as far as I'm concerned. Further considerations - you dont need to worry about a jacket, cos you'll be inside, but its useful to have one incase you need to go outside for a cheeky puff. The main thing I'm excited about, to be honest, is the shoes. I can take them off anytime they get uncomfortable and put my slippers on (I know, I'm off the rails), so its time to bring out the six inch bitches. I'm 5'8'' in my stocking heels, so you can imagine the height when I'm perched upo a pair of platforms, but I love it. I can see more stuff from up there. So... the outfit....




This is the nearest Polyvore could do. The skirt I have i real life is a darker gold, more taupe. Are we familiar with Polyvore? Its awesome, its like a massive online dressing up box of stuff I could never afford. The gillet, I think I might just be in love with. It makes me look like a baby otter thans gone through a spin cycle. Theres a story behind that gillet, to follow in a subseqent blog. It pretty much deserves a post of its own, or I feel Vicky might never speak to me again...

Needless to say, I am tres excited. No doubt I will fill you all in after Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...