Monday 5 March 2012

An Open Letter to My Body


To my Body, and those others who may find the following relevant,-

First of all, I would like to say that I'm sorry I havn't looked after you better. I'm sorry I forgot to take my vitamins, and I'm sorry for all the crap I ate, and Liver - I'm especially sorry for what I've put you through. I'm sorry for the walls I jumped off and sprained you, and the ill fitting shoes I wore, I'm sorry for the time I gave myself piercings. Actually, I'm not that sorry about that, we looked cool that year.

But seriously - you're doing a great job. I want to thank you for all the things you've taught me and all the things you let me experience. Thankyou for hugging and for stretching and for fucking. Thankyou for dancing - you remember that? You remember how close we were then? You knew what I wanted you to do before I even did, you were strong and beautiful and I really trusted you. I'm sorry I let that slide. It wasn't your fault that Knees gave way, I over worked you, and I'm sorry. I'm trying not to be angry with you any more. I'm still kindof scared about it, but I'm going to try and build that relationship with you again. I'm scared incase I can't do it anymore, and I'm scared incase it's not the same, but I am going to try.

I'm sorry for the times I said unkind things about you, for the time's I compared you to others. I'm equally sorry for the times I compared you favourably to others, because that breeds a competition that is, quite frankly stupid. I'm sorry for that wierd time when I really hated you - I hope you don't still hold it against me. I hope I didn't damage you too much. I actually really like a lot of you - Feet, you know how I feel about you. Is that wierd? I don't care if it is, I really like you Feet, you're strong and you bend wonderfully. I like Nose and Wrists too. Actually, all of you are pretty great.

Body, you are doing a really great job. I promise I will try to do better - I'll moisturise more, and I'll eat more fruit, and I'll not try tumbles that I know I wont be able to do! I promise I'll listen to you more, so if you're unhappy, just let me know. Anyway, yeh, thanks for holding it together. I really do appreciate everything you're doing, just so you know.

Yours faithfully,

Rio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...