Saturday 21 April 2012

Things wot I have learned - advice to my 18 year old self.


So whilst I'm still a pretty long way off being able to consider myself wise, I am a fair bit better than I was a couple of years ago. Or so I like to think. Here is a selection of things I think my 18 year old self really needed to learn.

1 - Kindness is one of the most important things. You must try to be kinder yourself, and recognise that kindness is a deeply sexy quality for people to have.

2 - It really doesn't matter that much. Everything passes, everything fades - don't stress about it.

3 - Your friends will be there for you when it matters. Do the same for them.

4 - Taking care of yourself, physically and mentally is not selfish, it is sensible and necessary.

5 - Make more bad fashion choices. You can get away with it for the next four years - enjoy them.

6 - Your family are really, really important. Trust them more.

7 - There is good to be found in absolutely everybody. Do your best to bring it out in them.

8 - Hard work really does pay off.

9 - Grace matters. Try to have grace in everything you do.

10 - Everything really will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it just hasn't ended yet.

I have so many more too - some a lot more specific and personal! Is there anything you'd want your past self to know?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...