Thursday 16 September 2010

I have beef with your beef.

So everyone in the world knows about Lady Gaga's recent meatylicious attire to the MTV Music Video Awards. Now, normally, I love a bit of Gaga. Not massive on the music, but I'm usually quite intruiged to see what bizzare shit she comes up with next. But... dude, seriously?


This guy is complaining that she only used cheap cuts. $100 dollars worth of meat he said. Asif, you know, if she'd used nice juicy rumps, that would be cool. I'm pretty big on animal rights, but this is not a vegetarian - holier - than - thou speech. I wish I didn't feel guilty about eating meat, I love meat. I just can't enjoy it knowing something died for it. My mind wanders. I heard she was doing it as an animal rights protest - which is erm, ironic? But apparently no. On The Ellen DeGeneres Show (some US equivalent of GMTV or something), she said it was actually do do with rights for gay people in the military....

"If we don't stand up for what we believe in and if we don't fight for our rights, pretty soon we're going to have as much rights as the meat on our own bones," she said. "And I am not a piece of meat."

Can anyone else make sense of this??!

Perhaps I'm just being dense. Or perhaps she just went a bit too far trying to be kooky and didn't quite think it through...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...