Sunday 14 November 2010

All The Worlds A Stage - why?

A few people recently have been asking me why I named my blog as I did. Firstly, I am a massive and unashamed Shakespeare geek, so I guess in a way its a tribute to him and his contribution to literature. But for me its more than that. Its taken from As You Like It, Act 2 Scene 7 -

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts.

It means a lot to me, in a lot of ways. As a mostly amateur actress, it makes me feel a little better about my lack of success in that arena. It makes me feel very small - we are merely players, so insignificant in the universe around us. A lot of people might not enjoy that thought, but I find it immensely comforting to know that I am just one tiny cog in the great, every turning wheel of existance.


To talk about the world as a stage also implies, for me, how we ought to behave. As an actor or actress, you spend many mannny hours working on your lines, your physicalisation and your relationship with the other characters. This is so much more important in life. Never are you a finished product, and you should (in my opinion) constantly be working on improving yourself, working on becoming the person you want to be. How you say things, and what you say. What first impression you give out. What lasting impression you leave. Like an actor, you look around you at those who have honed their craft and learn from them.


And really, thats what this blog is about for me. Collecting, discussing and enjoying as many good and beautiful things as I can. Drawing inspiration from people around me, and trying to apply it to my own life. Reflecting upon how I do live my life. For me, this includes art and creativity, fashion, morals, knowledge, sexuality, friendship, passion for everything I can find. I'm exploring myself as much as writing for you lovely people - and I do so appreciate all the comments and feedback I get from you, thankyou.


Now, listen to this beautiful song and go tell someone you love them.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...