Tuesday 16 November 2010

If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life.

In which we quote Mr Oscar Wilde, who has been much on our minds of late.


"A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing."

"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally."

"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction."

"A poet can survive everything but a misprint"

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."

"All that I desire to point out is the general principle that life imitates art far more than art imitates life"

"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all."

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."

"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being."

"I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."


"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." -Oscar, you knew!

"This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last"

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

Oscar and Alfred x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...