Monday 29 November 2010

Man Mind

I'm a woman. Shock horror gasp! Its true guys, its a popular misconception. Luckily, I have always had a lot of close male friends whose minds I have been able to probe on the maler (?) issues in life. I'm a very open person, and I encourage this in my friends, but I know not every girl feels comfortable going up to a guy and saying "Would it freak you out if I bit you during sex?". So, I did it for you!! Well, not quite, but I did ask some personal questions.

I would say it was inside the mind of the enemy, but men are very definitely not the enemy, despite what some crap glossy magazines would have you believe. Essentially, men want the same things as women, just in a slightly different way - trust me, I live with four of them. Guys get just as hung up on relationships, their weight, their spots, what to say to girls they like and the fact that the bathroom isn't tidy as ladies do!! I think guys get a bit of a bad rap sometimes, so my mission -  which will hopefully continue past this post, depending on how willing people are to participate - is to find out exactly what they're thinking, and give them a platform to say it on.


Everyone loves a Bromance.

SO. Here we talk to Will, a 20 year old Student Paediatric Nurse from Sheffield, who enjoys playing rugby, music, and lemon drizzle cake.

So. In at the deep end. Whats the most romantic thing you've ever done for a girl?

Erm... I sent a girl paintings once, but they were'nt very good! Ooh, actually, one time I played the piano and sang for a girl. It was 'I want to hold your hand' by the Beatles? I hadn't planned it, it just sortof happened, and thankfully it didn't turn out to be too cheesy!

Do you think romance is important?

Not in the traditional sense, no. I think, in a relationship, you should try to be thoughtful every day, it should come naturally rather than having to be big planned expressions of love. Sometimes, girls have an expectation of what it means to be 'romantic', which is inevitably hard to live up to. Whatever you do, its never going to be Hollywood perfect. I think sometimes guys are put off because they think their efforts wont be good enough.

Whats the most important thing for you in a girlfriend?

Someone I can feel myself around. I haven't found that person yet. Actually, for a while I did, but it changed pretty quickly. I started to be the person I felt I ought to be, not who I actually was.

And the worst feature a girl can have?

An ego. Anyone who thinks they're it is a person you don't want to be around.

Physically, whats the first thing you notice in a girl?

Honestly, a pretty face.

Is there a style or fashion for women that you think is particularly attractive?

Yeh actually,  I like it when a girl looks unusual, someone unique without being too garish. Like Paloma Faith, she always looks good.

Whats the best thing about having platonic female friends for you?

I don't really count them as being different to my male friends to be honest, I try not to section off my friends. I guess women think about things differently, they approach stuff from a different angle.

What would you say is the hardest thing about being a guy?

Well, working in nursing as a man is hard. There are still a lot of pre-conceptions about the kind of guy who does nursing, although to be honest, it tends to be the kids themselves who are confused, rather than the parents. I remember one time, as I was leaving I put on a rugby hoody. One little girl, she was ten, asked me what it was. I explained that it was a hoody I got from my rugby team. She said "But how can you play for a rugby team?". She didn't mean anything by it, it just didn't compute that someone who enjoyed nursing could also enjoy 'manly' things like rugby. Actually, all my rugby mates have been really supportive of my career!

If you could say one thing to women of the world, what would it be?

That's hard. Probably I'd say to be proactive about love. It shouldn't have to be the man who does all the work - finding you, getting you, keeping you. A relationship is a two way thing, and it has to work that way. Knights in shining armour don't exist, we're human too, and sometimes we need a little help!


Is there anything you've always wanted to know about the hairier sex? Or gentlemen, any perplexing unanswered questions about the ladies? We're getting on a bit, but it shocks me how some people still see things. Ask me, I have very few boundaries in terms of asking and sharing!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...