Monday 3 February 2014

Creative Venture #33

I can wash myself in you
For you are nothing like me
You lapped and ebbed at my ankles
And I was unafraid of you.
I thought I might boil you, steam you away
But you ebbed and you flowed, and it was OK.

I feel cooler around you
I feel cleaner and new
You're no mirror in which I see my own face
You have a face all your own
And for the first time in a while I was not so lonely
So I braved the hot sands, dipped my toes in the sea.

The northern star looked up to you
Though you were pulled by the moon
And I am getting used to you
To new patterns and new shapes
And it overwhelms from a distance.
If I am a castle, then you be the moat.
If you are the sea, then I'll be a boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...